So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Plus Size Couple
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Plus Size Couple FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Plus Size Couple