So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Platform Beds
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Platform Beds FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Platform Beds