So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Platform Bed
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Platform Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Platform Bed