If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Pet Owners
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Pet Owners FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by using a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Pet Owners