So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For People With Back Problems
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For People With Back Problems FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For People With Back Problems