So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For People Who Sleep Hot
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For People Who Sleep Hot FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For People Who Sleep Hot