If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Painful Hips
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Painful Hips FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Painful Hips