So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Pain Relief
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Pain Relief FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Pain Relief