You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Overweight Side Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Overweight Side Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for several months by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Overweight Side Sleeper