So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Overweight Seniors
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Overweight Seniors FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Overweight Seniors