If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Overweight Person
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Overweight Person FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Overweight Person