You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Over 50
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Over 50 FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Over 50