So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Over 300 Lbs
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! The top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Over 300 Lbs FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Over 300 Lbs