So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Over 250 Lbs
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Over 250 Lbs FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Over 250 Lbs