So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Older Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Older Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Older Side Sleepers