So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Older Couples
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Older Couples FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Older Couples