So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Older Adults With Back Pain
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Older Adults With Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Older Adults With Back Pain