So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Obese
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Obese FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Obese