So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Obese Stomach Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Obese Stomach Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Obese Stomach Sleepers