So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Obese Stomach Sleeper
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Obese Stomach Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Obese Stomach Sleeper