So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Obese Adults
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Obese Adults FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Obese Adults