If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Nurses
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Nurses FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Nurses