You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Newborn
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Newborn FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Newborn