So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Neuropathy
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Neuropathy FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by using an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Neuropathy