So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Neck Shoulder Pain
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Neck Shoulder Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Neck Shoulder Pain