So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Neck Pain
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Neck Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Neck Pain