You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Neck Arthritis
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Neck Arthritis FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Neck Arthritis