So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Neck And Upper Back Pain
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Neck And Upper Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Neck And Upper Back Pain