You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Neck And Back
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Neck And Back FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Neck And Back