You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Muscle Pain
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Muscle Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress a few months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Muscle Pain