You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Multiple Sclerosis
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Multiple Sclerosis FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Multiple Sclerosis