So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Multiple Position Sleepers
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Multiple Position Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Multiple Position Sleepers