If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Menopause
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! The top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Menopause FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Menopause