If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Me
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Me FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Me