So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Lumbar Support
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Lumbar Support FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lumbar Support