You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Lumbar Pain
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Lumbar Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lumbar Pain