If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Sufferers Uk
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Sufferers Uk FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Sufferers Uk