If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain South Africa
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain South Africa FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain South Africa