You’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Side Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Side Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by using an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Side Sleeper