So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Relief
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Relief FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Relief