You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Lumbar
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Lumbar FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by adding a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Lumbar