You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Canada
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Canada FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Canada