You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Australia
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Australia FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain Australia