If you’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain And Arthritis
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain And Arthritis FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back Pain And Arthritis