So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back And Hip Pain
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back And Hip Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back And Hip Pain