So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back And Hip Pain Canada
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back And Hip Pain Canada FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back And Hip Pain Canada