You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Lower Back And Hip Pain Australia
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Lower Back And Hip Pain Australia FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lower Back And Hip Pain Australia