You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Low Price
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Low Price FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress several months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Low Price