You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Low Back Pain Due To Herniated Disc
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Low Back Pain Due To Herniated Disc FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Low Back Pain Due To Herniated Disc