So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Long Term Use
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Long Term Use FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Long Term Use